September is Library Card Sign up Month
Chances are you have a library card, but New Jersey libraries are always adding new and improved resources, events and more for patrons to enjoy.
There's a lot more than just checking out books. Here's a list of things you can do at the library:
1. Take the kids to see a free movie.
2. Download an e-book.
3. Update your Facebook page.
4. Learn about job seeking resources.
5. Find out about childcare centers in the area.
6. Learn about local candidates for office.
7. Pick up voter registration information.
8. Check out your favorite graphic novel.
9. Pick up a DVD
10. Get free wireless access11. Attend a family game night.
12. Attend a resume writing workshop.
13. Get new ideas for redecorating your house.
14. Attend a family crafts workshop.
15. Attend a lecture or workshop.
16. Book a meeting room for your club or community organization.
17. Attend preschool story hour with your child.
18. Get help with homework.
19. Look up all kinds of health information.
20. Trek to another planet in a Sci-Fi novel.
21. Research your term paper.
22 Learn about the history or your city or town.
23. Decide which computer to buy using a consumer guide.
24. Explore new opportunities: research of schools and colleges.
25. Borrow or download an audiobook for your next road trip or commute.
26. Use the library’s resources to start a small business.
27. See a new art exhibit.
28. Volunteer as a literacy tutor.
29. Broaden your world by checking out cookbooks from other cultures.
30. Ask for a recommended reading list for your kids.
31. Learn a new language with books or online databases.
32. Get a book from interlibrary loan.
33. Enroll your child in a summer reading program.
34. Take a computer class.
35. Find a new hobby.
36. Take out the latest fashion magazine.
37. Enjoy a concert.
38. Trace your family tree.
39. Check out a special collection of rare books.
40. Investigate a legal questioner issue.
41. Follow your friends on Twitter.
42. Learn about home improvement.
43. Take a class on how to use your new digital device.
44. Get involved – join you library’s Friends group or teen advisory board.
45. Pick up tax forms.
46. Connect with other people in the community.
47. Find a quiet spot, curl up with a book and enjoy.